The scope, design and UI for this feature should not be considered final until the feature is made generally available as part of an official release. The scope, design and UI may change right up until general availability. This article will be updated accordingly to reflect any changes to the feature.
The out-of-the-box experience of the Axsy Field Service Mobile App provides offline-first access to key Salesforce and Salesforce Field Service objects, e.g. Service Appointment, via the app's main menu. It is possible to configure additional objects - both standard and custom - to be added to and accessible from the app's main menu, including while offline.
Adding Objects to the Main Menu with the Axsy Config UI
Configuring additional objects to be included in the mobile app's main menu is done by adding the appropriate Record List plugin via the Axsy Config UI, which is accessed from the Salesforce Desktop Web UI.
- Launch the Axsy Field Service Web App from the App Launcher on Salesforce.
- Select the Settings tab for the app to bring up the Config UI.
- In the Config UI, select the Plugins tab.
- Under the Plugins tab, select the main-nav-record-list plugin.
- Select the Components tab to view the list of configured Record Lists.
- Select the New button to add a new Record List.
- Provide a Title that represents the label for the Record List within the mobile app.
- From the drop-down list, select the appropriate object for the Record List.
- Provide a Display Order for the Record List for the main menu of the mobile app.
The Axsy Config UI is used for adding Record Lists which expand the Axsy Field Service Mobile App's main menu with new objects – both standard and custom.
Sync Configuration for Added Objects
In addition to creating a Record List plugin for any object that is to be made accessible via the mobile app main menu, it is also necessary to ensure that the object is included as part of the Sync Config, such that the desired records for that object will be available while offline.
For more information on how to add new objects - both standard and custom - to the Sync Config of the mobile app, please see the following articles on adding and configuring Record Sets via the Axsy Config UI.
Only those records already synced to the Axsy Field Service Mobile App will be available when selecting an object from the app's main menu. That is why it's important to ensure the object is properly added to the Sync Config. Otherwise, the record list may show empty or be limited to only those records that have been synced via a relationship to another synced record.
Working with Object Lists in the Mobile App
Objects added via Record List plugins can be viewed via the mobile app's main menu, which is accessed via the three horizontal lines at the top left-hand corner of the display screen. Once the main menu is open, choose the object to view by selecting the "Title" label that was configured for the object's Record List plugin.
To retrieve updates for an Object List, a manual sync using the Sync Now button or a scheduled sync needs to occur in the app.
Added objects - e.g. Accounts, Axsy Smart Forms, etc. - will show in the main menu
Switching List Views
When viewing the Record List for an object, the Axsy Mobile App provides the ability to switch between different List Views:
- Select the current List View at the top of the screen.
- From the list of available List Views, select the new List View you want to see.
Selecting the current List View will bring up a list of other available List Views
The available List Views that can be selected will be the same List Views configured on the Salesforce Platform and available via the Salesforce Web UI. More details on how List Views display and behave in the Axsy Mobile App are given below:
- Any filter conditions configured for the List View that are based on field values will be applied.
- Filter conditions based on record ownership scope are not applied.
- A subset of fields will displayed for each record in the list with the available fields based on the field columns that are configured for the List View in the Salesforce Web UI.
- The ability to create a New Record for the applicable object will be available from the List View.
As the Axsy Mobile App will only display for a List View those records that have been synced to the Axsy Mobile App via inclusion in the Sync Config, it is possible that accessing a List View in the Axsy app will display less records than what is displayed for the same List View in the Salesforce Web UI.